One of the most popular stockbroker comparisons is Alice Blue vs. Zerodha. Here’s how they compare in terms of brokerage, trading platforms, and so on. read our whole article about Alice blue vs Zerodha to know more!
This comparison post also includes a video comparison of Alice Blue and Zerodha, so you can get a complete picture of which broker to choose.
Since its inception in 2008 as an Aliceblue Securities, Aliceblue Online has grown to over 1000 partners across India. South India is a stronghold for Alice blue.
Alice blue online is known for its dependable customer service and only charges 0.01 percent or Rs.20 for each order, whichever is lower.
In 2014, they were named “Best Brokerage House – Energy” by MCX, as well as “Highest Volume Generator in Commodities” and “Gems of India.”
By personalizing your plan/membership subscription, you can trade unlimited full-time equities, commodities, and currency.
With more than 8,50,000 active customers, Zerodha is India’s largest stockbroker. Zerodha was founded in 2010 and catered to all traders and investors.
It is the industry leader in Indian trading and offers low commissions. Zerodha Securities, founded about ten years ago, is noted for its industry-leading commission schedule, margin rates, customer service assistance, and trading platforms.
The NSE awarded them the “Zerodha – India’s finest retail brokerage for 2018” award. Zerodha offers services in various markets, including Equity, currency, commodities, futures and options, mutual funds, and more.
Zerodha focuses solely on trade execution, and the trading platform they provide meets international standards.
|Broker Type||Discount Broker||Discount Broker|
|Type of company||Private||Private|
|Headquarter||Bangalore, India||Bangalore, India|
|Founders||Sidhavelayutham M||Nithin Kamath|
|Supported Exchanges||BSE, NSE, MCX||NSE, BSE, MCX, and NCDEX|
- Provides free direct mutual fund investment through their portal.
- It offers 3-in-1 account services in collaboration with IDFC.
- Among all the other market competitors, the trading terminal is the best.
- It offers the highest level of customer service.
- Allow for free fund transfers using UPI.
- Brokerage fees for Equity Delivery are waived.
- Account opening is quick and paperless.
- The highest charge per trade is INR. 20/- for Equity Intraday, Futures, Options, Currency, and Commodity trading.
- The DEMAT account has no annual maintenance cost.
- ANT is a sophisticated, technology-driven trading platform.
We hope this comparison between Alice blue vs Zerodha, proves out point!
Available Trading Brokerage Plans
|Available Brokerage Plans||Zerodha||Alice Blue|
|Monthly Subscription||Not Available||Not Available (customized plans/ memberships. Available)|
|Yearly Subscription||Not Available||Not Available (customized plans/ memberships. Available)|
|Multiple Subscription||Not Available||Not Available (customized plans/ memberships. Available)|
Account Opening and Demat Charges
|Account Opening and Demat Charges||Alice Blue||Zerodha|
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs.100||Rs.300|
|Demat AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||350 per Annum||Rs.300 per Annum|
|Trading AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||Free||Free|
|Offline to Online Charges||Yes||Not applicable|
|Depository||CDSL & NSDL||CDSL|
Brokerage Charges and Plans
|Plan Name||Flat Brokerage Plan||Freedom 15 Plan|
|Equity Delivery||₹0 (Free)||₹0|
|Equity Intraday||Flat ₹20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower)||₹15 per order or 0.01%, whichever is lower|
|Equity Futures||Flat ₹20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order||₹15 per order or 0.01%, whichever is lower|
|Equity Options||Flat ₹20 or 0.03% per executed order (on Turnover)||₹15 per order|
|Currency Futures||Flat ₹20 or 0.03% per completed order||₹15 per order or 0.01%, whichever is lower|
|Currency Options||Flat ₹20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order||₹15 per order|
|Commodity Options||Flat ₹20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order||Future: ₹15 per order or 0.01%, whichever is lower and Options: ₹15 per order|
|Mutual Fund||₹0 (Free Unlimited Direct MF)||N/A|
Equity Brokerage Charges
|Equity Brokerage Charges||Alice Blue||Zerodha|
|Equity Delivery Brokerage||0.01 percent or Rs.10 per executed order||Free|
|Equity Intraday Brokerage||0.01 percent or Rs.10 per executed order||Rs.20 Per Order|
|Equity Futures Brokerage||0.01 percent or Rs.10 per executed order||Rs.20 Per Order|
|Equity Options Brokerage||Rs.10 per executed order||Rs.20 Per Order|
Online Trading Platforms
|Trading Platforms||Zerodha||Alice Blue Online|
|Desktop Platform – Windows||✔||✔|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||✔||✔|
|Desktop Browser Platform||✔||✔|
|Mobile Site Platform||✔||✔|
|Android App Platform||✔||✔|
|iOS App Platform||✔||✔|
|Windows App Platform||✖||✖|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||✖||✖|
|Online MF Buy||✔||✔|
Advantages and Disadvantages
Pros and Cons pf Alice Blue
- Intraday and F&O have the lowest brokerage rates at Rs 15 per trade.
- commission Investing in mutual funds for free
- Trading is free, and you can open a Demate account for free.
- Opening a digital account in seconds
- There is no requirement for a minimum brokerage. There is no requirement for a minimum commitment. There are no prepaid plans available.
- All of ANT Trading Software’s customers have access to it for free.
- All customers have access to the daily market report for free.
- Algorithm trading API is available for free.
- By using a Bracket Order, you can have up to ten times exposure on Equity.
- There is no option for a three-in-one account.
- It doesn’t offer any trading options: GTC (Good Until Cancelled) and GTT (Good Until Terminated) orders do not allow NRI trading.
- Trading tools provided by third parties are not free and require a monthly membership.
- There are no online IPOs, NCDs, or corporate bonds available.
- The cost of broker-assisted transactions (Call & Trade) is Rs 20 per executed order.
Zerodha Pros and Cons
- On equity delivery and mutual funds, there is no brokerage fee.
- For stock trading, there is a set fee.
- Own DP services are available.
- Excellent customer service.
- Brokerage and Margin Calculator that works well.
- On intraday trading, it offers up to 20x leverage.
- Provides the most cutting-edge online trading tools.
- Provides the ability to apply for an initial public offering (IPO) online.
- Customers of Zerodha can participate in a referral program.
- There will be no margin money.
- Call and trade expenses are quite high, at $50 per call.
- Charges for Trade SMS alerts.
- 1 for Equity, futures, and options, and currency trade notifications, and 0.50 for commodity trading alerts
- For MIS/BO/CO positions that are not squared off by the customer, there is an additional charge of $50 per executed order.
- Doesn’t offer stock recommendations, research reports, or stock advice.
- There are no unlimited trading plans available.
We have done a comparison between Alice blue vs Zerodha, we hope this helps you!
How do I make a wager on Alice Blue?
When it comes to Alice Blue fund transfers, the broker accepts a variety of payment methods from its clients, including UPI, ATOM, NEFT/RTGS, Cheque, and DD.
Is Zerodha suitable for newcomers?
With a large client base built over many years, Zerodha is one of India’s top and most popular stock brokers. Beginners frequently like to trade with the cheapest brokers, and Zerodha, with its Rs 20 flat cost model, fits this bill wonderfully. Additionally, Zerodha offers online teaching tools, a support portal, and discussion forums, all of which are beneficial to novice investors. However, as a discount broker, Zerodha does not provide research, consulting, or recommendations. This is a problem for inexperienced investors, who often struggle to make these selections. Overall, Zerodha is a good choice for newcomers.
Is Alice Blue better than Zerodha?
Both Alice Blue and Zerodha are bargain brokerage firms. To determine which is the better stockbroker, we must examine aspects such as brokerage prices, account opening fees, trading platforms, and more.
Is Alice Blue more affordable than Zerodha?
Both Alice Blue and Zerodha are bargain brokerage firms. The brokerage fees are often reduced because these are discount brokers. In general, both of these brokers’ brokerage fees will be relatively similar. Examine the brokerage charges in-depth to discover the cheapest broker for your needs.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.