For stock trading, Zerodha, Upstox, and Angel Broking are good options. But, out of all of these, which is the most refined platform? To ease your issue, we have come up with a comparison of the three platforms.
|Demat Account||Angel broking||Zerodha||Upstox|
|Demat AMC||Rs 300||Rs 300||Rs 249|
|Website||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
With over 8,60,000 active customers, Zerodha is India’s number one stockbroker. Zerodha was founded in 2010 and catered to all types of traders and investors.
It is the industry leader in Indian trading and offers low commissions. Zerodha Securities, founded about ten years ago, is noted for its industry-leading commission schedule, margin rates, customer service assistance, and trading platforms.
The NSE just awarded them the “Zerodha – India’s finest retail brokerage for 2018” award.
Zerodha offers services in various markets, including equity, currency, commodities, futures and options, mutual funds, and more.
Zerodha focuses solely on trade execution, and the trading platform they provide meets international standards.
Angel Broking Ltd is a Mumbai-based full-service broker. Angel broking now has over 800,000 active account openings.
Angel broking has offices in more than 1800 cities and towns. Services include stock, options, and futures trading, as well as commodity and currency trading.
Angel Broking ltd will not disappoint people seeking reasonable prices, thorough research, high-quality trade tools, and competent future planning.
Angel Broking received the MCX’s ‘Fulcrums of Commodity Derivatives Market’ award, the CEO Award for Best Trading Platform of the Year 2018, and Best Mobile App for Mutual Fund.
With more than 1 lakh active customers, Upstox is India’s leading bargain stockbroker. In barely three years, RKSV Capital ltd has amassed a 4000-crore turnover in Upstox cross trading.
Upstox caters to all types of traders and investors, and it is the market leader in Indian trading and low commissions.
Upstox Securities, founded over eight years ago, is noted for its industry-leading commission fees, margin rates, client service, and trading platforms and tools.
Mr. Ratan Tata, India’s most renowned businessman, just joined Upstox. Upstox (RSKV) offers services in various markets, including equity, currency, commodity, futures and options, and mutual funds.
|Incorporation Year||2010||2011 Started as RKSV||1987|
|Broker Services||Discount Broker||Discount Broker||Full-Service Broker|
|Exchanges Accessible||NSE, BSE, MCX-SX & MCX||NSE, BSE, MCX-SX & MCX||NSE, BSE, MCx MSEI & NCDEX|
|Demat (NSDL/CDSL)||CDSL – ZERODHA SECURITIES PVT. LTD.||NSDL- Partnership with ILFS||CDSL|
|Active Total Client||8,00,000+ Clients||100000+ Clients||700000+|
Account Opening Charges
|Account Opening Fees||Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs. 300 for Trading & DEMAT||Rs.150 for Equity||–|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges||–||Free||–|
|Demat Account Opening Fees||Rs. 300 for Trading & DEMAT||Rs.150||Free|
|Demat Annual Maintenance Charges||Rs.300 + 18% GST for individuals||Rs.150/Per Annum (1st Year Free)||Free|
|Commodity Fees||Rs. 200 for commodity account||Rs.150 for Commodity Account||Rs.300|
|Offer DP Service||Available||Available||Available|
Trading Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charges||Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Plan Subscription Summary||Rs.20 for all segments and Rs.0 for Equity Delivery.||Rs.20 for all segments and Rs.0 for Equity Delivery.||Angel Broking offers percentages-based brokerage.|
|Equity Intraday Charges||Rs.20 or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||0.04 % or four paisa on 100 ruppes|
|Equity Delivery Charges||–||–||0.4 % or 40 paise on 100 rupees|
|Equity Futures Charges||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01% whichever is lower.||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||0.04 % or four paise on 100 rupees|
|Equity Options Charges||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.60 per lot|
|Currency Futures Charges||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||0.04 % or four paise on 100 rupees|
|Currency Options Charges||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.30 per lot|
|Commodity Charges||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||Rs.20/executed order or 0.01%, whichever is lower.||0.03% of Turnover- Negotiable|
|Minimum Brokerage Fees||0.01% Minimum||0.01% Minimum||0.04 % or 4 paise on 100 rupees|
|Any Hidden Cost||No||No||No|
|Call & Trade Charges||Rs 20 + 18% GST per order||Rs 20 + 18% GST per order.||No Information|
|Useful Trading Features||Zerodha||5paisa.com||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|3 in 1 Account (Bank+Trading+Demat)||Yes, Link with IDFC bank||No||No||No|
|Instant Fund withdrawal||No (24 hours)||No||No (24 hours)||No (24 hours)|
|Relationship Managers (RM)||No||No||No||Yes, Available|
|Algo Trading / Robot||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Mobile SMS Alerts||Yes, Available (Trade SMS ALERT: Rs.1 Per SMS)||Yes, Available||Yes, Available (Free)||Yes, Available|
|The margin for Future Trading||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Combined Records for Equity & Commodity||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can NRI Trade||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Exposure or Leverage||Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Equity||Up to five times for intraday||Up to twenty times for intraday||Up to forty times for intraday, up to 3 times for delivery|
|Equity futures||Five times to 20 times for intraday||Up to 4 times for intraday||Up to 4 times for intraday|
|Equity options||Five times to twenty times for intraday||Up to four times for intraday||Up to three times for intraday, no margin on sales for purchases|
|Currency futures||Up to 5 times for intraday||Up to 4 times for intraday||Up to two times|
|Currency options||Up to five times for intraday||Up to four times for intraday||Up to two times for intraday, no margin on sales for purchases|
|Commodity||Up to 5 times for intraday||Up to 3 times for intraday||Up to 3 times for intraday|
|Trading Platforms / Software||Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Desktop Trading Platform||Zerodha Pi||NEST TRADER, FOX TRADER||Angel Speed Pro|
|Web-Based||kite.zerodha.com||pro.upstox.com||Angel Broking Trade|
|Mobile Application||Kite by Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Trading Platform Details||Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Demo (Desktop) Platform||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Desktop platform||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAC Desktop platform||No||No||No|
|Web Trading URL||kite.zerodha.com||pro.upstox.com||trade.angelbroking.com|
|Web Trading Portals Info||zerodha.com||Upstox.com||angelbroking.com|
|Mobile Trading Availability||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mobile Trading Application||Kite Zerodha||Upstox||Angel Broking|
|Mobile App Demo||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Android / Ios Mobile App||Both Available||Both Available||Both Available|
Pros & Cons
Angel Broking Pros and Cons
- Brokerage services are available at a fraction of the cost of full-service brokerage.
- A flat fee stock broker is one that charges a fixed fee of Rs 20 per order across all sectors and exchanges.
- Consultation and research are both free. Expert research reports are available on a daily, weekly, and specialized basis.
- There is free trading software accessible (website, mobile, and trading terminal).
- Equity trading, futures and options, commodities, PMS, mutual funds, and insurance are just a few of the investment options.
- Beginners can get instruction and support.
- Margin trading allows you to trade with a modest quantity of money.
- Securities are used as collateral.
- Any fund transfers are free of charge.
- Minimum brokerage fees are mandated.
- There is no brokerage calculator available.
- The 3-in-1 account, which combines a bank account, a trading account, and a Demat account, is unavailable.
- Call and trade services are available for a fee.
Upstox Pros and Cons
- Market Order (AMO), Cover Order (CO), and one Cancel OTHER (OCO) orders are available on both the web and mobile platforms.
- Stop loss is available on the web and mobile.
- Multiple indicators are available to track the market.
- The Upstox bridge for Amibroker aids in the programming and execution of trading strategies.
- Upstox’s developer console makes it easy to create your trading app.
- Thousands of mutual funds are available, with customers having the option of investing in lump sum or SIP.
- Margin against shares is available.
- Customers can choose the Priority Brokerage Package for more leverage.
- There are no unlimited monthly trading plans available.
- A call and trade fee is added to each executed order.
- If the customer does not square off the intraday square orders, an additional charge of $20 per executed order will be applied.
- There is no provision for stock suggestions or ideas.
- Lack of a three-in-one account due to the company’s lack of banking services.
- There is a time restriction when it comes to customer service.
- Upstox NRI trading and Demat accounts are no longer available as of January 2018.
- Margin funding for delivery trades is unavailable.
Zerodha Pros and Cons
- There are no brokerage costs for delivery.
- There is a one-time cost for intraday trading (Rs 20 or 0.03 percent)
- Every exchange has a precise cost.
- There is no payment or commitment to turnover upfront.
- Z-Connect is a blog and portal that allows you to obtain answers to any of your questions.
- Kite is a responsive, clean, and basic web-based trading platform.
- There is no minimum balance needed to start a Zerodha trading account.
- You can use the same Demat account to invest in direct mutual funds with Coin.
- During trading hours, servers may go down.
- There are no advice services or research reports available.
- only covers the Indian market
Is Upstox a reliable company?
Upstox trading is entirely risk-free. The company began delivering its services in 2012 and has developed rapidly since then. It has thousands of loyal consumers, with over 5 lakh trading in January 2020. The SEBI, BSE, NSE, MCX, CDSL, and NSDL have all registered the firm. The exchanges audit it regularly, and no infractions have been discovered thus far. Ratan Tata, Tiger Global, and GVK Davix are among the company’s major investors.
Is it possible for students to register a demat account with Angel Broking?
Students are welcome to open a demat account. An income statement is also a need to activate your demat account.
Should I Create A Zerodha Account?
Zerodha is an excellent choice for traders searching for a simple platform that supports a wide selection of assets. Zerodha is also registered with SEBI, which means it must adhere to the regulator’s rules.
What is the procedure for logging into Zerodha?
Visit the console.zerodha.com and kite.zerodha.com websites for Console and Kite, respectively, to sign in to Zerodha online. Enter your login ID and password, as well as the answers to your 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) security question, if necessary, on the next screen.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.