This historic shift was also evident in online trading, and traders and investors have become more careful while trading online since then.
HDFC Securities review has been meticulously thought out to provide a clear insight into the products and services offered by the full-service broker, easing the stress of finding the best online stock broker and comparing brokerage prices.
What is HDFC Securities?
HDFC Securities is a significant Indian stockbroking firm based in Mumbai. It is a section of HDFC Bank, a private limited Indian bank based in Mumbai.
Not only has it been in operation for 18 years, but HDFC Securities is also one of India’s largest stockbroker firms.
HDFC Securities is one of India’s oldest stockbroking firms, specializing in stockbroking and the distribution of various financial goods.
HDFC Securities is a publicly-traded firm on the Mumbai Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange. Also, for its virtual trading portal services, HDFC Securities is well-known in India’s trading community.
HDFC Securities Demat Account Opening Charges
|Trading Charges [One Time]
|Trading AMC [Yearly]
|Demat Charges [One Time]
|Demat AMC [Yearly]
Pros & Cons
- They value the security of their investors above everything else; thus, their money is safe with them.
- They are the first Voice-Enabled Investing Assistance provider in India, and they also provide offline guidance and in-person consulting to their clients.
- Due to the availability of their offices in the surrounding areas, they have a significant presence with several locations, allowing investors to settle their queries in person.
- Their digital platforms Digify and DigiGold make it simple for users to invest in mutual funds and gold online.
- Their brokerage fees are calculated as a proportion of the transaction amount, making them highly expensive.
- For trading operations, they have a minimum charge cap.
HDFC Securities Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charge & Fees
|0.50% or min Rs.25
|0.05% or min Rs.25
|0.05% or min Rs.25
|Rs 100 per lot or 1% of the premium (whichever is higher)
|Rs 23 per contract
|Rs 20 per contract
|0.02% for Intraday / 0.025% for positional
|Demat AMC Charges
|Rs.750 per Annum
|Trading AMC Charges
|Rs.0 per annum
How to Open a Demat Account with HDFC Bank?
Following these three simple steps, you can open an HDFC Demat account online from the comfort of your own home:
Step 1: Navigate to the ‘Demat’ page on your HDFC online banking URL. It can be seen in the top right corner.
When you click on the tab, the selections will appear in front of you. The ‘Demat account opening form will open on your screen after you click on the ‘Apply Online’ option at the top.
Step 2: After the ‘Demat account opening form has loaded, fill in all the mandatory fields highlighted with a red*.
After you’ve completed the form, check the box to authorize “HDFC securities agents to call you,” and then click the “SUBMIT” button.
Step 3: Once your form has been properly submitted, you will get the message “Thank you for your interest in HDFC bank Demat account,” as shown in the screenshot below.
As a result, an HDFC securities representative will contact you within two working days to check the information you supplied.
You must send an email to the HDFC agent with the below-mentioned document attached once the information has been validated.
- PAN Card as proof of identity (Self-attested)
- Aadhaar card (self-attested) / Passport (self-attested) / Driving license are all acceptable forms of proof of residence (Self-attested)
You will receive a ‘Successful HDFC Demat account opening’ message on your registered mobile number once your documents have been verified (usually within three working days).
Congratulations! You can now access your HDFC Bank net banking account and verify that the Demat account has been created and linked to your Internet banking.
Platforms for Trading
HDFC provides its clients with various trading platforms, including web-based, desktop-based, and mobile-based trading platforms.
In terms of online trading, the effective partnership of technology and trade resulted in well-managed platforms and was very productive.
It also demonstrates that the systems are trustworthy, fast, and simple to use. Let’s have a look at each of these platforms separately:
HDFC Securities Blink Trade
This trading platform is named after the platform’s premium quality, which is designed to help users execute high-speed online trades in Futures and Options.
Moreover, the platform provides a membership option that allows users to access some of the platform’s unique features.
It features a tracking device that tracks real-time changes in the market value, helps users make sensible trading decisions, has a separate screen for Futures and Options trading, and monitors transactions.
It also enables the rapid buying and selling of shares on the stock exchange.
HDFC Securities App
This is a mobile application developed by HDFC Securities to give a trading platform in the form of a mobile app, allowing customers to use it from anywhere and at any time.
This program expands the flexibility and ease of online trading by allowing users to use a bespoke SIP in an ETF for a short period.
Portfolios, as well as live market streams for pertinent data and market updates, are available. A research team and charts and interactive demo versions are included in the mobile app to provide a high-quality trading experience.
HDFC Securities Voice-Enabled Investing
This trading platform is groundbreaking in that it manages deals using voice help. HDFC Securities’ voice assistant, Arya, is integrated into this trading platform’s software, managing mutual funds and equities investments.
Moreover, customers can quickly open a Trading Account on this site by simply entering their phone number.
HDFC Securities Digify
This is HDFC Securities’ most recent trading platform focused on mutual fund investments.
Because it contains essential tools that might affect the whole trade, this platform is a simple way to choose mutual funds trading.
Portfolio tracking, saving techniques, and free mutual fund investment accounts are all available.
What makes it better than others?
- HDFC Securities is a full-service retail broker that caters to both individual and institutional customers. It is one of India’s leading full-service retail brokers.
- The primary priority is the safety and security of their investors, and as a result, it was named the Most Ethical Company. The firm has also won numerous honors for Best brokerage House.
- It offers the majority of trade and also investing products and services and banking and insurance services.
- Moreover, they are one of the top online trading platform providers in terms of smooth and speedy transactions.
- Their world-class research and consulting staff provide invaluable insight into the stock market’s fundamentals and technicalities.
To summarize the review, HDFC Securities Ltd is a full-service broker that offers trading and investment in stock, F&O, commodities, ETF, mutual fund, and other securities.
HDFC Securities allows consumers to invest in a variety of asset classes.
Overall, HDFC Securities’ brokerage fees appear to be competitive and in line with industry standards.
When it comes to trading platforms, it offers various options such as a mobile app, trading terminal, web-based trading platform, and others.
However, the most significant disadvantage for clients is that trading terminal BLINK and ProTerminal are paid platforms that are not suitable for everyone.
Also Read: Axis Bank Demat Account – Should you try it?
Is HDFC Securities a suitable place to start for new investors?
Yes, this is an excellent choice for those who are new to stock market trading. They are dependable, so even a novice may trust this brand.
In addition, the research and advising services are optional. High brokerage and other fees, on the other hand, must be considered.
How can I update my bank account information, address, or email address with HDFC Securities?
To modify your bank details, address, or email address with HDFC Securities, you must do it via an offline process.
- To learn more about HDFC Securities, go to their website.
- Download the account adjustment form that applies to you.
- Fill out and send it to the broker together with the needed documents.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.