Motilal Oswal is a full-service broker that has been in business since 1987.
Retail customers ( High Net Worth Individuals), mutual funds, overseas institutional investors, financial institutions, and corporate clients make up Motilal Oswal’s diverse client base.
Therefore, in this article of Motilal Oswal Demat Account, we have mentioned everything that you should know!
We have covered all of the crucial data about Motilal Oswal Securities in this post, including brokerage charges, Demat account, margin, and also benefits,
What is Motilal Oswal Demat Account?
Motilal Oswal Securities Limited (MOSL) is a subsidiary of Motilal Oswal Financial Service Limited, a diversified financial services firm that offers a wide range of products and services including Retail Broking, Institutional Broking, Asset Management, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Principal Strategies, and also Hosted Exchanges, etc.
Trading in equities, derivatives, currencies, and commodities across multiple stock exchanges (BSE, NSE, NCDEX, MCX, MSEI); investment in Mutual Funds, IPOs, Fixed Deposits, Bonds, and NCDs; Portfolio Management Services and also Insurance are just a few of the trading and investing options available through MOSL.
Motilal Oswal Securities is an NSDL and CDSL Depository Participant. Motilal Oswal’s Gold Accumulation Plan (GAP), powered by MMTC-PAMP India Pvt. Ltd., also provides a platform for buying, redeeming, and selling gold.
Motilal Oswal Account Opening Charges
|Trading Account Opening||Rs 1000 (One Time)|
|Trading Annual Maintenance (AMC)||Rs 0|
|Demat Account Opening||Rs 0|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance (AMC)||Rs 299|
Motilal broking services offer 3 unique trading plans. Customers could choose one of these as per their requirements.
1. Default Brokerage Plan
Casual stock market investors should use the default plan. This is a fundamental strategy.
The bulk of services are included, including access to research and consulting services as well as free online trading software. This plan has the highest brokerage fees.
|Intraday Cash or Future – Equity and Commodity||0.05% (both side)|
|Options – Equity||Rs 100 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency F&O||Rs 20 per lot (both sides)|
2. Value Pack Plan
The Value Pack is a prepaid brokerage plan which offers cheaper brokerage when you pay an upfront fee. This plan is for active traders.
|Equity Delivery||from 0.10% to 0.40%|
|Intraday Cash or Future – Equity and Commodity||from 0.01% to 0.04% (both side)|
|Options – Equity||from Rs 20 to Rs 50 per lot (both side)|
|Currency F&O||from Rs 10 to Rs 22 per lot (both sides)|
3. Margin Scheme
Motilal Oswal Margin Scheme is for frequent traders. The brokerage charges in this plan keep reducing when you commit higher-margin money to your trading account.
|Equity Delivery||from 0.15% to 0.50%|
|Intraday Cash or Future – Equity and Commodity||from 0.015% to 0.05% (both side)|
|Options – Equity||from Rs 25 to Rs 100 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency F&O||Rs 20 per lot (both sides)|
|What are the Equity Delivery Charges?||0.50%|
|What are the Equity Intraday Charges?||0.05%|
|How much is brokerage charged for Commodity Trading?||0.05%|
|What is the brokerage on Equity Futures?||0.05%|
|How much is brokerage charged for Equity Options?||Rs.70 per Lot|
|What is the brokerage on Currency Futures?||0.05%|
|What is the brokerage on Currency Options?||Rs.70 per Lot|
|How much is the Minimum Brokerage required?||Percentage of Transaction|
|What is the Demat AMC?||Free or Rs.300 per Annum|
|How much is the Trading AMC?||Free|
Opening an account
With MOSL, you can open an account in two ways :
1. Opening a Demat Account Online
- It’s a paperless online Demat account with Motilal Oswal that provides you with the greatest services, 100% paperless registration, and free account opening.
- It’s a two-in-one account that seeks to provide you with both trading and DEMAT accounts in a 15-minute turnaround time.
- All you have to do is go to the broker’s website and click “Open an Account” to fill out the form completely. In only 15 minutes, you may have an easy, secure, real-time tracking and trade business up and running.
2. Opening a Demat Account at a Motilal Branch
- If you want your account created by a local branch, franchise, or sub-broker, you must provide them with the necessary information over the phone, or they will come to your location to assist you.
- The broker’s presence in more than 500 places makes it easy for any customer to sign up with them.
- You can either call, request a personal visit, or demo to learn about the account opening process before beginning your trading career with Motilal Oswal.
Platforms for Trading
1. Desktop Environment
This is for investors and traders who wish to keep an eye on the market in real-time and execute orders more quickly.
2. Web-based platform
This is for novice investors who prefer a straightforward interface. However, any computer with an internet connection can place the order, and it will be confirmed immediately.
3. Platform for mobile devices
Most GPRS-enabled mobile phones are compatible with the mobile platform. The market monitor allows investors to purchase and sell directly. It also allows you to change or cancel your pending orders.
4. Make a Call and Trade
The Call N Trade Platform is free to use and is ideal for investors who do not have internet access to their trading platform.
Pros & Cons
- Their valuable assets are their well-researched studies, and their recommendations have benefited millions of clients.
- Trading and investing with Motilal Oswal is simple and quick thanks to the utilization of innovations and technologies.
- Different brokerage programs are developed with different sorts of traders and investors in mind, and discounts are offered appropriately.
- Their rapid transfer service allows you to send money to over 60 different banks.
- Among all other PMS services in the country, theirs is the best.
- They do not provide a 3-in-1 solution that includes trading, Demat, and a bank account.
- Customer support is not as good as it may be at other full-service brokers.
- Direct investment is not available through the mutual fund app.
- When compared to other stockbrokers, Motilal Oswal’s brokerage fees are extremely high.
What makes it better than others?
- Investors and traders each have their mobile apps.
- A single symbol for trading on the NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEX, IPOs, and mutual funds.
- Alerts on Prices
- Track for an Integrated Portfolio
- Quotes are updated in real-time.
- Customized Market Watch with Multiple Segments
- Charts in advance
- On real-time charts, use more than 100 technical indicators.
- Stay on top of your scrips with real-time market feeds.
- Expert analysis
- Real-time financial market news is available.
- Place an order quickly.
MOSL is one of the greatest full-service brokerage firms. It is extremely dependable and a trusted advising service and no one else in the business can match it in those areas.
They also provide the most advanced trading systems, making them an excellent investment. Moreover, it is highly suggested that you use MOSL’s broker services for a fantastic trading experience.
Is it safer to invest in a Demat account with Motilal Oswal?
Yes, this account is completely secure to invest in. With the help of a top financial advisor’s team, you will quickly overcome your difficulties. Furthermore, you will be quite happy as a result of the numerous appealing schemes that they provide.
Does the Motilal Oswal Demat account come with a co-applicant feature?
The function of a co-applicant is presently unavailable.
Is it possible to have the nominee's information added to my Demat account?
Unquestionably! In the Demat account, you can provide information about the candidate.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.