Upstox was previously known as RKSV, and it is currently one of the most popular discount broker trading platforms.
We’ll go through Upstox Review, its trading platforms, brokerage prices, brokerage plans, exposure, benefits, and drawbacks in this article.
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs. 300 + 18% GST|
|Demat AMC||Rs 249|
What is Upstox?
Upstox is a second-rank discount broker in India, with cutting-edge technology. It is a stock, mutual fund, digital gold, and initial public offering (IPO) trading platform with minimal brokerage fees and huge margins.
The platform has been created in such a way that it can be used by both novices and specialists in trading. You can also make changes to suit your needs and preferences.
This is an India-based broker, offers trading in a variety of areas, including equities, commodities, currency, and futures options, which are the company’s main sources of revenue.
This offers two types of accounts, which are listed below:
Upstox (Up Stocks Basic) – It provides basic trading features in the Equity Delivery category via mobile and website. In the Equity Delivery category, RKSV does not collect any brokerage fees.
Pro ($20 per trade) — It is a high-frequency trading platform that focuses on the Indra-day and F&O segments. This account adds to the regular functionality of Upstox by allowing users to search for, analyze, trade, and track stocks, currencies, futures and options, and commodities.
Demat Account Opening Charges
|Trading Charges [One Time]||NA|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs. 300 + 18% GST|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 249|
Pros & Cons
- The consumer does not have to pay any brokerage fees because the stock delivery section is free of brokerage fees.
- A developer console is available to assist users in creating their coded trading programs using languages such as Python.
- The Upstox Pro has a significant benefit in that it includes some indicators for live market monitoring.
- Users can also utilize the Upstox Amibroker Bridge to develop their strategy and execute it using the AFL editor.
- Both iOS and Android smartphones are supported by mobile applications. There are also no software costs.
- One of the downsides is that the good till orders are not general, and the good till orders are canceled.
- The Upstox Pro has a larger leverage option, however, it does not include a margin funding option.
- The brokerage charge is larger than those of other platforms’ brokerage fees. In addition, the number of monthly trading plans is limited.
Upstox Basic Plan
The basic plan offers Rs20 per equities delivery trade, as well as F&O, commodity, and currency trades.
The basic plan is ideal for traders who only require a Demat account with the bare minimum of functionality and restricted upgrade options.
As you are aware, the trading leverage in this strategy is only 20x. Even with the modest leverage, this plan offers the best brokerage because the maximum commission is only Rs 20.
Upstox Priority Plan:
Upstox offers zero equity delivery brokerage and a flat Rs 30 per trade for stock, Future Options, Commodities, and Currency in this plan. The strategy is well-known due to its reliance on Cash Segment.
Upstox Pro includes extensive charting and technical analysis tools. It also has a lot of indicators, different chart formats, and a data-rich user interface. If you need Upstox’s improved features, you can utilize this priority pack.
However, you must pay a higher fee for this plan than for its preceding plan, which is a basic plan for stock market traders.
How to Open a Upstox Online Demat Account?
Opening a Upstox Demat account Online:
- Fill in the relevant information in the form, such as your name, phone number, and email address, and submit the form.
- Later on, you will be required to upload soft copies of papers such as your aadhaar card, address proof, age proof, PAN card, and photograph.
- Submit your Aadhaar details, and make sure the specified mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar Card to verify through OTP.
- For validation, the next screen should ask for your PAN number.
- Enter your Aadhaar (UID) number, and Upstox will validate the rest of your information for you, including your full name, address, age, gender, and other information.
- Your account registration is complete once you have uploaded all of your documents.
- After completing the registration process, the company will provide you with your account number, login ID, and password. You may now begin trading with your demat account.
Opening a Upstox Demat Account Offline:
- Fill out the relevant details on the demat account opening form, which you may download and print.
- Fill out the account opening forms and send them to your broker together with the needed documentation. If your broker hasn’t previously done so, they may request an updated KYC form. One of the most significant proofs you must present is proof of identification and proof of address.
- You’ll be asked to name a nominee on the account opening form. A nominee is a person who will be in charge of your account and its assets if you become incapacitated.
- You’ll also come across the Depository Participant-Investor agreement, which outlines the fees you’ll pay while holding the dematerialized account, as well as the rules and regulations, terms and conditions, as well as the broker’s responsibilities and your rights as an investor.
- It is possible to conduct an in-person verification to ensure that your information is correct and valid.
- After all of the procedures are finished, you’ll be given a Beneficiary Owner Identity (BOID) or Unique Client Code (UCC), which is a one-of-a-kind account number that you’ll use in any future transactions.
Also Read our: 10 Best Free Demat Account
Upstox Trading Platforms
Upstox Pro Trading Tool
This desktop-based trading platform enables investors to purchase and sell any scrip quickly and conveniently.
It offers the most advanced charting tools for detecting market patterns and making well-informed decisions. Customers may use 100+ indicators to customize their charts and become true pro traders.
This trading platform, which just requires a basic internet connection, allows investors and traders to thoroughly research and explore the market.
Upstox Pro App
This application was developed in-house by Upstox specialists to provide traders with a simple and flexible trading experience.
Users can quickly increase their profits by configuring their trading preferences and placing orders such as Cover and Bracket Orders on their mobile devices.
Customer feedback for Upstox’s Pro mobile trading app is excellent.
Upstox Mutual Funds
This product was created for Upstox users who want to invest in mutual funds for free.
Users can buy mutual funds directly at a cheap cost, allowing them to align their portfolios with their financial objectives.
Customers can use this platform from Upstox to invest in the latest IPOs and apply for equities that are about to be launched using mobile UPI.
There are two steps to it : Create your initial public offering (IPO) application Choose an IPO with an open application period in which consumers can submit up to three bids within the price range and confirm their application.
What makes it better than Others?
It is one of India’s leading discount brokers. It is risk-free and secure to begin investing and trading. Traders are strongly advised to use it.
This does not only offer the fastest trading, which is critical for making huge profits in day trading, but it is also incredibly cost-effective, since you only pay $20 for each trade, regardless of the amount.
When compared to other service providers, this allows you to save a significant amount of money on your brokerage.
It is a good choice if you want a simple and advanced trading platform. You’ll also benefit from minimal brokerage fees and strong margins, both of which are important aspects of trading.
Upstox’s web, desktop, and mobile trading programs are powerful, fast, and stable, with over 100 indicators and charting tools. The trading platform is suitable for both experienced and novice intraday traders
If you like Upstox Demat Account, we recommend you to have a look at Motilal Oswal Demat Account as well ! We are sure you would love that too!!
Is Upstox considered a full-service broker?
Upstox isn’t a full-service brokerage firm. In India, Upstox is a discount broker.
Discount brokers, as the name implies, execute buy/sell orders at a cheaper commission rate.
They usually charge a set brokerage fee. Investors can save a significant amount of money by not using a full-service broker.
Is Upstox appropriate for beginners?
When it comes to stock trading, most newbies choose to start with the cheapest brokerage.
Discount stock brokers are suitable for a newbie stock trader’s needs.
Upstox charges a fraction of what full-service brokers do because it is a bargain broker. As a result, Upstox should be the best option for a newbie.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.