In India, the top online discount brokers are Zerodha and Upstox. In this article, we’ll compare Zerodha vs Upstox side by side to see which stockbroker is the best.
The comparison would be made based on features, brokerage, trading platform, and other services.
Zerodha, a Bangalore-based company that was a pioneer in stockbroking, is India’s largest, best, and most popular stockbroker.
This prominent broker pioneered the first-of-its-kind discount broking approach a few years ago.
Its online flat fee discount brokerage model has been copied by many other trading platforms in India.
In terms of trading volumes, Zerodha is in a solid position, with a large and increasing customer base.
Another name to add to the list of India’s fastest-growing bargain brokers is Upstox.
Uptstox, formerly known as RKSV Securities, is one of India’s largest discount brokers, with investors, ensuring that the firm is a reputable and secure broker for all of your investing and trading needs.
Upstox is a multi-asset broker based in Mumbai. This stock brokerage platform provides a diverse range of trading goods and services.
Because of its programs and low brokerage notwithstanding volume, using Upstox has a lot of advantages, especially for traders. Upstox also has one of the fastest trading terminals, as any trader will attest.
|Type of Broker||Discount Broker||Discount Broker|
|Exchange Membership||NSE, BSE, MCX and NCDEX||BSE, NSE, MCX|
|Year of Incorporation||2010||2012|
|Number of Branches||22||4|
Upstox vs Zerodha Features
- In a single day, you can open a Demat account that is both paperless and online.
- The ability to trade while on the go via a mobile app
- On both the desktop and mobile platforms, there is a trading platform.
- Reports about online trading and the ability to earn money
- Professional traders might use advanced charting and analysis tools.
- User interface with a lot of data and technical analysis
- There are no delivery fees, and the brokerage fee is very minimal.
- The trading platform is extremely fast and features cutting-edge technology.
- There is a lot of historical data available, as well as the ability to chart it.
- Support for multiple languages on the platform.
- Multiple trading platforms are available on the web and mobile devices.
- There is a possibility to invest in mutual funds directly.
Upstox vs Zerodha Account Opening and Demat Charges
|Account Opening and Demat Charges||Zerodha||Upstox|
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs.300||Rs.150|
|Trading AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||Free||Free|
|Offline to Online Charges||–||–|
Zerodha Vs Upstox Brokerage Charges and Plans
|Account Type||Flat Brokerage Plan||Default|
|Equity Intraday||The lower of Rs 20 per executed order||The lower of Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||The lower of Rs 20 per executed order||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Options||Rs 20 per executed order||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||0.03 percent||0.05 percent|
|Currency Options||The lower of Rs 20 per executed order or 0.03 percent||Rs 20|
|Commodity Futures||0.03 percent||0.05 percent|
|Commodity Options||The lower of Rs 20 per executed order or 0.03 percent||Rs 20|
|Minimum Brokerage||0.03 percent in Intraday and F&O||0.05 percent|
|Other Charges||Physical contact notes: Rs 20, Trade SMS Alerts: Rs 1 per SMS||Auto Square-off Charges: Rs 50|
|Call and Trade Charges||Rs 50 per executed order||Rs 20 per trade|
Upstox vs Zerodha Offers
|Free Stock Trading Account||NA||Yes|
|Free Demat Account||NA||NA|
|1 Month Free Plan||NA||NA|
|Zero Brokerage on Loss Trades||NA||NA|
Zerodha vs. Upstox Trading Platforms
Desktop Trading Platforms
|Desktop Trading Platforms||Zerodha||Upstox|
Mobile Trading Platforms
|Mobile Trading Platforms||Zerodha||Upstox|
|Another mobile os||NA||NA|
Upstox vs Zerodha– Support Portal Comparison
|24/7 Customer Service||No||No|
|Online Live Chat||Yes||No|
Upstox vs Zerodha Pros & Cons
Upstox Pros & Cons
- Trading platform with low brokerage fees
- There is no charge for the mobile trading platform.
- Both a basic and a priority strategy are in place.
- Investing in mutual funds is a possibility.
- Orders after the market close, cover orders, and bracket orders are all possible.
- UPI-based online IPOs are now available.
- There is an additional price for calls and trades.
- No monthly trading subscriptions with unlimited trades are available.
- There are no stock recommendations or advice provided.
- Customer service is not available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Upstox does not offer NRI trading or Demat accounts.
Zerodha Pros & Cons
- There are no delivery fees.
- There are a variety of trading systems available.
- There is a beginner’s training facility accessible.
- Direct mutual fund investments are permitted.
- Easy-to-understand pricing and a flat brokerage.
- On a single platform, you can manage all of your investments.
- Customer service is excellent, and issues are resolved quickly.
- There is no advice service available on this platform.
- During busy hours, the platform’s response is slow.
Is Upstox superior to Zerodha?
Both Zerodha and Upstox are cheap brokerage firms. To determine which is the better stockbroker, we must examine aspects such as brokerage prices, account opening fees, trading platforms, and more.
Is Upstox less expensive than Zerodha?
Both Zerodha and Upstox are cheap brokerage firms. The brokerage fees are often reduced because these are discount brokers.
In general, both of these brokers’ brokerage fees will be relatively similar. Examine the brokerage charges in-depth to discover the cheapest broker for your needs.
Upstox vs. Zerodha: Which is Better?
Compare brokerage prices, trading platforms, Demat account opening fees, research, advisory services, and other factors to determine which of the two stockbrokers is best.
Is Zerodha suitable for novices?
Yes, Zerodha is secure and offers user-friendly online, mobile, and desktop applications that are simple to grasp for newcomers.
Is it possible to open an account with Upstox for free?
Yes, you may use a Upstox coupon code to get a free Upstox account.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.