In India, two big brokers are Zerodha and Sharekhan. Anyone wishing to register a new trading account may be unsure which is the best option for them.
In this article, we’ll compare and contrast each of them based on important factors including brokerage and account opening fees.
This will assist you in selecting the broker that best meets your requirements. You may also read our in-depth review of Zerodha and Sharekhan if you want to learn more about them.
Sharekhan Vs Zerodha : Quick Comparision
|Broker Type||Discount Broker||Full-Service Broker|
|Depository Source||CDSL||NSDL & CDSL|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.300 per Annum||Free or Rs.300 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free||Free|
|Offline to Online||No||Yes|
Zerodha Vs Sharekhan Features
|1. There are no delivery fees and the brokerage fees are quite minimal.|
2. Fast-moving trading platform with cutting-edge technology
3. Storage of historical data with advanced graphing capabilities
4. Support for regional languages is available.
5. Multiple Platforms for Trading
6. There is a direct mutual fund investment option available.
|1. There are two sorts of accounts: classic and TradeTiger.|
2. Portfolio tracking in real-time with price alerts and instant credit transfers.
3. The ability to trade for free over the phone.
4. For cash and derivatives, a single-screen interface is available.
5. There are both postpaid and prepaid plans available.
6. Customers can choose from four distinct trading software options.
7. There are services such as research advisory, PMS, and investor education offered.
Zerodha Vs Sharekhan Account Opening Charges
|Account Opening and Demat Charges||Zerodha||Sharekhan|
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs.300||NA|
|Demat AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||Rs.300 per Annum||Free or Rs.300 per Annum|
|Trading AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||Free||Free|
|Offline to Online Charges||Not applicable||Yes|
|Depository||CDSL||NSDL & CDSL|
Sharekhan vs Zerodha Brokerage Charges
|Plan Name||Classic Account||Sharekhan Prepaid||Standard Plan|
|Equity Delivery||0.50%||0.10%||₹0 (Free)|
|Equity Intraday||0.10%||0.015%||₹20 per executed order or .03%|
|Equity Future||0.10%||0.015%||₹20 per executed order or .03% whichever is lower|
|Equity Options||₹50 per lot||0.05% or ₹63 per lot||₹20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||0.10 percent||NA||₹20 per executed order or .03 percent whichever is lower|
|Currency Options||₹30 per lot||NA||₹20 per executed order or .03 percent whichever is lower|
|Monthly Fee||NA||₹1,00,000 per year||NA|
|Commodity Futures||0.03 percent||NA||₹20 per executed order or .03percent whichever is lower|
|Commodity Options||0.03 percent||NA||₹20 per executed order or .03 percent whichever is lower|
Sharekhan vs Zerodha Offers
|Free Stock Trading Account||NA||Yes|
|Free Demat Account||NA||Yes|
|1 Month Free Plan||No||Yes|
|Zero Brokerage on Loss Trades||No||No|
Sharekhan vs Zerodha Trading PlatForm
|Android Mobile App||Yes||Yes|
|iPhone Mobile App||Yes||Yes|
Zerodha Vs Sharekhan Pros & Cons
Sharekhan Pros & Cons
- Freephone calls and trades are available.
- Extensive branch and partner network
- The website is user-friendly, and the trading platform is simple to use.
- Both the BSE and the NSE have registered you.
- Provides you with the ability to trade commodities.
- Future and options traders can utilize the fixed deposit as collateral.
- For DP transactions, Sharekhan does not impose a fee.
- Investors can make use of Sharekhan’s online and classroom training, seminars, and workshops.
- There are no fees for online financial transfers.
- Relationship Managers are provided as a service.
- Only a two-in-one account is available.
- Shraekhan levies a hefty brokerage fee.
- Per stock, a minimum brokerage of 10 paisa is paid.
- Trading is not permitted after market hours.
- Commodities cannot be traded by traditional account holders.
Zerodha Pros & Cons
- On equity delivery and mutual funds, there is no brokerage fee.
- For stock trading, there is a set fee.
- Own DP services are available.
- Excellent customer service.
- Brokerage and Margin Calculator that works well.
- On intraday trading, it offers up to 20x leverage.
- Provides the most cutting-edge online trading tools.
- Provides the ability to apply for an initial public offering (IPO) online.
- Customers of Zerodha can participate in a referral program.
- There will be no margin money.
- For MIS/BO/CO positions that are not squared off by the customer, there is an additional charge of $50 per executed order.
- Doesn’t offer stock recommendations, research reports, or stock advice.
- There are no unlimited trading plans available.
Is Sharekhan more affordable than Zerodha?
Sharekhan is a full-service broker, whereas Zerodha is a cheap broker. For trades, a cheap broker typically charges lower trading fees.
A full-service broker charges more than a discount broker but offers more research and advising services.
What is the difference between Sharekhan and Zerodha?
Compare the two stockbrokers Zerodha and Sharekhan based on brokerage costs, trading platforms, Demat account opening fees, research, and advisory services, among other factors.
Amit Gupta is the creator of FreeDematAccount.in, a website that specializes in Demat accounts and provides assistance to all its users in navigating through complicated decisions. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about Demat accounts from brokerages. Before forming FreeDematAccount.in, Amit worked for a Demat account brokerage.